- The S&P has risen more than 350 percent, closing at 2363 yesterday.
- Over the past eight years, the index's average annual return was 14.9 percent.
- The Dow Jones industrial average is up 200 percent.
- Apple has risen nearly 1,000 percent.
- Home Depot is up more than 600 percent, while American Express and Walt Disney Co. are both up by more than 500 percent.
Thursday, March 9, 2017
Happy Birthday, Bull Market
On March 9, 2009, eight years ago today, the S&P 500 Index bottomed out at 667. Since then: