The Nasdaq Composite rose 0.29 percent yesterday to finish the day at a new record close of 9,953.75, after briefly breaking above 10,000 earlier in the day. Tech stocks led the way, which is why the Dow Jones was losing ground even as the Nasdaq was setting records.
The biggest tech stocks led the rally:
- Netflix rose 3.47 percent on the day
- Facebook rose 3.1 percent
- Apple rose 3.1 percent, setting a new high
- Amazon rose 3 percent, also notching a new all-time high
- Google-parent Alphabet rose 0.28 percent